A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Mystery revealed

And this is how I create the mystery fabric of last Friday. I started with a wet white fabric and crunched this.


If you want to you can iron it with all the creases, but that is not compulsary.


Place a screen on it.


And apply paint with a squeegee.


Remove the screen and let the paint dry.



When you unfold the fabric, it looks like this:


I repeated this process several times with different colors of paint. Just like Kelly I do not like white backgrounds, so the final step was a ice dye with different colors of procion dye.

And the winner of this fabric is: Silkworks922. Please send an email with your contactinfo to: wil@wilopiooguta.com. I am moving house this week and will be without internet access for maybe a week. Don't think I am ignoring your comments or questions, I will answer when I am back on line.

6 comments:

  1. Clever, Wil! I will have to try that... maybe use one of my ugly fabrics to see if I can save it1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Wil is without internet until the 23rd (ARGGHHH!!) But I will try to keep up with responses for her in her absense!

    I love this technique as well. And Judy, I think it would be a great way to "revive" a less than stellar fabric!! Would love to see your results when you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great even after the first step. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.