A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Foamboard

The nice thing about the picture frams I used for my stamp blocks is that you can see through them. Today I am showing you how to use them with sticky foam board and stamping in different colors.



On one picture frame I glued rectangular strips of foam board - leaving gaps in between - and on the other picture frame I glued circles. The circles are positioned in such a way that they fill the gaps of the other stamp:


Place your fabric on the printing board and put 2 different colors of paint on 2 plastic plates. Apply one color of paint on a stamp using a foam brush (roller or brayer) and place the stamp where you want it on the fabric. Repeat this process till you are satisfied.
Now it is time for the second stamp and the other color of paint. Again apply the paint to the stamp and position your stamp in such a way, that the painted objects will be on the still blank fabric. The endresult looked like this:



I also did a sample with a tree shape. Again the foam board was glued to 2 different picture frames.


I used 2 different colors of paint, here is the first one:


And the second one:


5 comments:

  1. I never thought to mount the foam on an acrylic frame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tips on making one stamp fit into the spaces of another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, Wil! I have used pieces of clear acrylic to create foam stamps, but the frame idea is good since it gives you something to hold on to. And 2-color printing... you make it look very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture frame? I am confused. Are you talking about those clear acrylic stands that you slip a sheet of paper or sign into? Cause I don't see a picture frame. I have used the foam to make stamps before, I need to go dig them out!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.