A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My first kick at the can...


You may remember that I started with an odd assortment of blocks that were given to me as part of a birthday block exchange.  I decided to first cut them into equal strips.



And then chose some additions from my scrap stash in the same two inch widths.



I fussed with the layout until I found something I was happy with...





And then sewed them all together.

Normally, I would stop here; this is my comfort zone and what pleases me aesthetically: a limited palette and not a lot of pattern in my fabrics - but since were "what if"-ing - I didn't!

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh! Now you got me! I can't wait till the morning and I can dig through my stuff to find something to chop up.

    Thank you, you are my new BFF!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, this is awesome! I love what you did with those blocks and the palette is perfect. I'm looking at my blocks and maybe later will get out the scalpel to go on with the tutoriial. Although I'm not sure anybody really needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful to have the freedom to just chop those blocks up, I look forward to what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.