A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Arashi shibori

My recent attempts at pole wrapped shibori.

Supplies all ready to go.

Two pieces of fabric fabric wrapped around a piece of PVC pipe (around 8" in diameter, I think), with dye mixture squirted onto them. I think this was navy blue dye, and one piece of fabric started out white, the other was a light grey.

A close-up:

And here are the finished products--
light grey piece with navy blue dye

And navy blue on white fabric:


I'm going to try this again, using the paint-on method used by Beth from Maine, and see how that works. I also have some silk scarf blanks from Dharma that I'm going to use the Procion MX dyes on and see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.